Measuring and improving in-field irrigation performance and measuring seepage and evaporation
losses in storages, channels and drains and storage volumes is the first step to better water
The next step is to “measure” and manage the whole farm or whole system water balance. That
is, to be able to account for every megalitre of water brought onto the farm or into a group
scheme as it is being used in:
- crop growth
- seepage and evaporation losses in each channel, drain or storage and
- deep drainage losses below the crop root zone.
consists of three water balance packages:
- WaterTrack Rapid™ - Rapid, low cost, total seasonal water use
- WaterTrack Divider™ - Rapid, low cost, divided or segmented seasonal water use
- WaterTrack Optimiser™ - Comprehensive detailed daily water use with prediction capability
These packages provide whole farm water balance information at different levels. As the names
imply WaterTrack Rapid™
provides a rapid and simple summary of water use performance over
a season and total losses while WaterTrack Divider™
provides a summary of seasonal water
use performance but divides total losses into storage, channel, drain, operational and in-field
losses. WaterTrack Optimiser™
provides a comprehensive daily whole farm or whole system
water balance. It provides a full break down of water use and losses for each element plus the ability to predict
water use and losses forward to optimise planted area.
All the packages increase production and profit per megalitre.
Watertrack Divider™ is a Seasonal Water Use Efficiency Calculator which provides: